13.2.11

Rewriting Lyotard and the sound of it...

I'm in cold old snowy slushy Edmonton (Canada) at the moment attending the Rewriting Lyotard Conference... (not presenting at this one) and listening, listening to the gaps in thinking...  to the richness-es and the stiffness's and openness's as they occur. As usual I wish conferences like this had space/time to  note what commonalities flowed between us. Never mind- its been pretty good. There have been some fantastic papers... full of affect and insight in equal measures... and of course my brilliant partner Daniel, who  presented his work was brilliant. 

But in the end it was the hearing of what was not said, - 'the unsound' and there were judgment aplenty aired from the gate keepers, even  in this fairly open field of Lyotard conversation (he'd be appalled)- that has given me the boost I need to push on with not just my  Steinian - sounded-language research but the  method I have been attempting to eastablish in the work itself...

I also realise I've been amiss in writing up what I'm currently working on on this sitefor awhile - the reseach and reading has had to be so thorough that this space has mainly become a pleasure ground (not such a bad idea) for things to keep me inspired and to push me to ask questions of my approach- the subject itself etc... its sort of become a field of evidence and associated linkages to support my thinking and its been really helpful in that. When trying to make something new  you need lots of the  arrows to it collected in one spot. So I guess this site so far has worked as signage - think highways to the next town/s. But now that I'm o the outskirts I plan to outline what I'm finding there... so more from me... thank you for your comments and interests in what I'm doing and in what I collect... off to day 3 of the lovely Mr Lyotard!!

No comments: