13.3.08

Ryan Trecartin I-Be-Area on Ubu web














'Trecartin's first feature-length video I-Be AREA extends the artist's singular process and style into new territory. Fast-paced and dense with drama, I-Be AREA relates the intertwined stories of an exuberant ensemble, played by Trecartin and dozens of others, as they cope with themes such as cloning, adoption, self-mediation, lifestyle options, and virtual identities. The film centers around Jaime's Area (played by Lizzie Fitch), a space which functions, in the artist's words, as a kind of "bedroom/classroom/drama department/blog space/Internet-community site where the characters malfunction in the face of everything being everything and come to act on their own creative potential."

the above is a quote from ubu web post on Trecartin...
I think this work is really very very good past-funny post-humour, hay and straw, I like that term, did i make it up?

No comments: